Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Gone but not forgotten...

Yes, I know it has been a REALLY long time since my last post but things have been pretty busy around here lately. Yes, I know I am one of those lazy teachers who have their summers off. If only that were true... I decided to take 3 graduate courses this summer (2 in the future session) and then with teaching my Soc. 195 course I am either correcting or writing whenever I have free time. The one course I took was really terrible - so poorly organized and dry that it made it painful to do every night for 5 weeks. Then trying to chase Isaac around St. Cloud for swimming, baseball, golf, and guitar lesson has made for a busy June and July.

This session I am taking one course and teaching only 1 technology course for 4 days next week so things should slow down some.

Just a quick recap of the last few weeks...

Isaac is having a GREAT summer - his activities are really going well. His baseball team has won almost every game and he is getting better evey week. His hitting is still a bit frustrating but he has taken it in such great stride - if he strikes out he just jobs back the to bench and I even heard him say once that he'll "do better next time". It is fun to see him understand already what is important about sports - and he did do better the next time. Everything else is really going well too.

For Evan things are just happy pretty much all of the time. I never saw a kid that loved smiling so dang much - I wish I knew what he was thinking some of the time. I think he is laughing at me - probably has already figured out that he is cooler than I am.

Oh yeah - I got the GREATEST B-day present last week - one hint.
Kelli and Andrea - I have one now too...



Love it!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Yeah Ryan...we all know what a lazy teacher you are...

Glad the summer is going well. It's busy with 2 kiddos isn't it?

TelegaWoman said...

YAY!!!! Join the club! Let me know about the fantastic apps that you find that you just L.O.V.E!!!