Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Awake the Sleeping Giant

Day 2 and it's all about the eating...

I know people are laughing right now when I write this but it truly is all about the eating, pooping, crying, and sleeping. Evan had a rough start to the day (had his &@$* clipped - OUCH!!!!) so he was on pain meds and slept much of the day. So in the mean time - Heather was able to get totally detached from everything and get into her own clothes which if you know Heather is about 95% of feeling normal. I heard the stock value of GAP, Express, and Limited all went up yesterday after hearing that Heather was starting to think - clothes...

Thank God we didn't have a little girl!

Isaac and Grandma Shirley spent the afternoon here. Isaac is VERY much in love and protective of his little brother. Any concern anyone might have had should not at least so far. He spent much of the day loving him up and holding him tight - pretty cool to see. Isaac and I eventually left for a little bit to get some things from home and eat - giving Grandma Shirley time with Heather and Evan.

Finally, we had some more family on Ryan's side up in the evening. My brother and his wife Chrissy, who are about 8 minutes from having their new baby too (June must have been a good month in our family) and their 2 boys. They were pretty excited about Evan and were having a good time talking about their new little brother too. All this while my brother Ed is checking with staff to see if they should just stay for Chrissy to have her baby - I'm not kidding, I thought Heather was going to have roommate right there.

Finally, my sister Leah and her 2 girls were up. Audrey (the youngest) is a mother waiting to grow up so of course she went right for Evan. Hanna is Isaac's age and is attached to Heather (they share a love of fashion...) so she loved the baby but also was excited to talk to Heather.

I think tonight will be about getting some rest for all three.

4 comments:

Marohl's said...

Sounds like a great time. I want to come back to the hospital and sleep. Trevor is home today with us, Ella is sick. Enjoy the time together.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Heather and Ryan! We are so excited for your family! Isn't the birth of a child truly a miracle!! When we last saw you, Evan was just a tiny little bean in Heather's tummy!
We also wanted to share with you that we are expecting bean #5 in August and couldn't be more excited, especially after seeing all of your great photos! Thanks for sharing your joy!!

Anonymous said...

The Anonymous post was from the Grubers in Glenwood!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from the Bennes family in Glenwood. Can't wait to see the little one!