Friday, August 8, 2008

Go West Young Man - Day 1



Today we left for our summer vacation that we usually try to plan in August every year. We are heading out west, through North Dakota, stopping in Medora. WHAT A LONG DRIVE!!!! We spent about 8 hours in the car all together between dropping off Chloe at Heather's parents' house and driving through Moorhead and across the entire state. I think right now we are about 27 miles from the Montana border. It was really flat for about 99% of the drive but then all of sudden the Bad Lands of ND popped up and there we were. Heather planned a really fun evening for us - dinner at the Pitchfork Steak Fondue and the Medora Musical. Both were a lot of fun - food was awesome, the view was GREAT, and the play was really, really good!!! I think Isaac was getting tired by the time it was all over, but he seemed to have fun. Tomorrow - after checking out some places near Medora, we're back in the car and off to the Mountains and Cody, WY. Since I hate driving in areas that high it should be interesting, but I think Heather and Isaac are excited. Good times...

No comments: