Tuesday, August 19, 2008

School is just around the corner...


You can always tell that school is just about to start - the teachers are in their rooms getting boards ready and curriculum set up, parents are stopping by for their children's schedules, and kids are looking frantically around wondering what happened to summer.

Heather and I have been spending time in our rooms lately trying to get things ready before in-service workshop begins next week. I haven't seen Talahi yet, but South is still a ways from being ready for open house next Wednesday. Lots of stuff in the halls yet, rooms are still being cleaned, and a bunch of us still don't have our floors completely finished.

But, I got quite a bit done these past few days and am really excited for the year to begin. It's crazy to think that this is my 12th year teaching and I still get nervous for that first day.

Isaac is getting excited for school to start too - but I think it is more so that he can wear his new white shoes than anything else. He is so much his mother's son it is crazy - loves his new clothes.

We're hoping to hit the State Fair before school starts - Heather loves ALL food on a stick so that is always a good time. She doesn't really eat so much as she loves to sample - one bite here and then off to something else. Good times...

No comments: