Thursday, October 23, 2008

Election's Around the Corner

Hey Everyone,
If you know me, you know that I like politics - A LOT!!!

Now, I know there are a lot of messages being portrayed out there concerning who to vote for, but when you sift through all of the "crap" - I really think that Barack Obama is the best person for the job at this time of our country. I'm not saying that John McCain wouldn't make a great president, but the skills he brings to the table would have been better in the election of 2000, not the election of 2008. Why? Because his strength with experience and a military history remind me some of Dwight Eisenhower. A grandfather figure that people could trust and feel the reassurance that our safety is in his hands. I know that we are still in military conflict in both Iraq and Afghanistan, but the time has come to move away from military pursuits and bring in the peace-makers. Barack Obama has the ability to calm a nation, create trust, and bring people back to a place where they believe in both themselves, and each other. So much of the power a president has in his (someday her) ability to speak to the nation and rally support. Bush did it in 2001 following 9/11 and look at his rating then. Obama can speak to us today and bring us back to a point where we see a better future.

Plus - Opie, Richie, and the Fonz all believe in him -what else do we need...

No comments: